If you are looking at this web site with a view to joining us in Freemasonry, then you probably aim to share our values and are looking for guidance about joining a Lodge. The following will explain what is required.
- Belief in the Supreme Being.
Your particular faith is not our concern and does not affect your ability to join. If you are in doubt, do please ask us and we will answer your questions.
- In most cases you will be at least 21 years of age.
- If you are a University Student 18+, then please have a look at our Universities Scheme page.
- This is a male-only organisation. The ladies do have their own female-only organisations but they are quite separate and unconnected with us.
- You must be a free man. That is to say, you must be legally capable of making your own decisions on your own account.
- You must be in reputable circumstances. You have not been convicted of any serious offense, nor that you are awaiting the outcome of criminal proceedings.
- Your application to join – Contrary to popular myth, you don’t have to wait for someone to ask you if you want to join – it’s simply up to you to ask. If you already know someone who is a Freemason, he can help you on your way.
Whether or not you already know a Freemason, just contact the Lodge Secretary to discuss your wish to join.
We look forward to hearing from you!